Especially for college students, I highly recommend doing field marketing work. Those booths you see at concerts and the girls at the bar in Budlight dresses, they’re doing field marketing work. It pays well with no commitment. It’s independent contracting. When companies have an event, they hire a marketing firm to put on the event for them. These marketing firms then hire people to work the events.
All you need to sign up is a few photos; professional ones are preferred but not required. Don’t send in pictures of yourself partying and try to look professional. Some may require you to complete a profile to be listed on their website. They jobs pay well, anywhere from $15-$25 an hour just for a weekend or nights work of worth. Most jobs pay around $17 an hour. I’ll list the companies below you can sign up for that are completely legitimate. If you have questions about a site being legitimate or questions in general just shoot me an email! Even if you have no experience, you can still get started in this kind of work. It includes everything from liquor promotions, brand ambassadors, promotional models, product demonstrators, autoshows, etc. The jobs are fun and look great on a professional resume. Some are more competitive than others. Some you need to be approved for and others you just sign up. Once you sign up you receive email blasts when events hit your area that you can apply for.
- This isn’t just for big cities. There are events all over the country.
- You don’t have to be a model by any means, just well groomed and professional.
- I highly recommend having professional pictures. Even just having a friend with a DSLR camera take your picture. They do judge on appearance to an extent.
- If you’ve worked in retail emphasize it! Many of these promotions do like sales experience.
- Same for technology. You bloggers out there point out you’re tech savvy!
- Another tip to you bloggers, any of your pictures taken of your OOTD or up close shot of your face is perfectly fine to submit and qualifies as a professional photo.
- It takes usually a month to get paid. Don’t rely on this work as a steady form of money.
- Don’t get discouraged if you don’t get booked for a job. I get rejected all the time.
- Sign up for as many agencies as you can to get as many opportunities as you can.
- If you have any questions or want my opinion feel free to comment or email me!
Big Orange Productions
Event Pro Strategies
National Event Staffing
GC Marketing Services